Baybay City latest tourist attraction is the 16,000 LED roses in Lintaon Peak. The field of LED flowers overlooks the Camotes Sea. The attraction was launched on June 14.
The place is breathtaking, not only are the roses beautiful but the view on top of the hill was unreal. The peak also overlooks the bay of Baybay City and Quatro Islas. During the day, people can go there to take unlimited selfies of the rose field. The locals said it’s even prettier at night because the flowers light up, we weren’t able to witness the flowers glow since time was of the essence for us.
What to do there:
Honestly, not much to do but overlook the surreal view, but if you’re feeling a bit adventurous, you can make camp at their camping grounds on top of the Peak.
How much will it cost:
There is no entrance fee, but you have to put your name down on the registration.
If you are Commuting
- Take a pedicab from the city’s land transport terminal going to Brgy. Pomponan (ONE WAY FARE per person: ₱15.00 as of 04/17/17). Tip: Pedicabs heading south are all painted with red.
- The pedicab ride is a short 15-minute drive. Tell Manong Driver you’re heading to Lintaon Peak. He will recommend you habal-habal drivers who can take you uphill.
- Pomponan is an interior village. It will be your main access point to Lintaon Peak. Before you enter the village proper, you’ll definitely notice a directional sign leading to the destination.
- There are lots of habal-habals in the village because it is the only mode of transport going to the remote village of Lintaon. Yep, Lintaon is one of the 92 barangays in Baybay City. (ONE WAY FARE is per person is ₱25.00 as of 04/17/2017)
- You can make an arrangement with the driver to pick-you up on an agreed time if you want to spend long hours at the site.
- It’s a 4.6-kilometer uphill drive which means it may take 10-15 minutes.
If you have a Vehicle
- Cars, SUVs, vans, and motorcycle can easily access the site with a decent parking space uphill.
- Gas-up. It’s gonna be an uphill drive and your gas may be consumed quickly.
- Drive through the Baybay-Maasin Highway. You may also take the Diversion Road if you’re coming from Ormoc City. You’ll see a directional sign to Brgy. Pomponan and Lintaon Peak in the Baybay-Inopacan highway.
- Just follow the road until you’ll see the directional sign on your right. You will be turning left before you enter the village proper.
- A decent-sized parking space can be found at the site.
Things to know:
- Bring a light snack.
- Restrooms are available.